Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Opening of a New Chapter

Those you who follow this blog will have noticed a couple changes to the template design. The obvious and the not so obvious.

I've made the change to signify the start of a new chapter in my ironman journey. So I have
  • a new picture in the header - taken from Ironman NZ 2011; 
  • a new introduction sentence - that moves past the original 2011 goal;
  • a new colour scheme - that goes with the new picture; 
  • a new countdown has started - for Ironman NZ 2012; and 
  • a new training log.

One thing that hasn't changed is my name.  It was suggested that I should move on from Irongirl101 and become Irongirl201. However I've elected to keep Irongirl101 as the 101 designation was chosen to reflect first year (i.e. beginner) university courses. And so even though I have completed an ironman, and I am an ironman, I realise that there is still a lot to learn.

I understood that idea even more when I spoke to a woman in the changing rooms at DeBrett's Thermal Hot Pools, the day after Ironman.  She had just completed the event for the 5th time and when I commented that she must enjoy it she responded "You get better at the little things".  After 5 years she was still learning, still refining.

And I want to learn more. And to do that I've entered Ironman New Zealand 2012.  The day entries opened I was sitting online, waiting, like purchasing tickets to a Pink concert.  Entries didn't fill up quite as quickly as tickets to a Pink concert, but within 2 days all 1500 spots had been taken.

And I was one of them.

The countdown timer has been reset for the next date, 3 March 2012. Woohoo!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment