Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Look at My Journey

A couple of weeks ago I made a video of my journey to ironman and Kona.

It was made for an ambassador program application run by sports media company, Witsup.  Witsup focuses on women's triathlon and is dedicated to promoting women in the sport - a fantastic initiative.  Even more fantastic is that their annual ambassador program received 65 applications this year from women keen to promote and inspire fellow women to join them in the sport.



While I didn't make the cut on this, the video I had to do was a great exercise in taking a step back and remembering where I had come from and just how far I have come.  It hasn't been fast progress (remember, I don't do things fast!) - but it's been steady progressive change, the type of change that tends to be successful over a lifetime.

And I'm ever-conscious of the fact that when people meet me today they see someone who does these amazing things and often the first reaction is that they could never do what I have done or what I'm doing.  They don't see the athletically-challenged kid at school or the solidly overweight young adult  who couldn't run to save herself.

So this is me, and this is a 90 second snapshot of where I came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment