Friday, February 22, 2013

My Head is in the Right Space...

Last night I got home from work and, after the usual greetings, St Pete showed me the weather forecast for the weekend, pointing out to me what it was looking like for tomorrow (Saturday).

Rain.  And lots of it.

I spent a couple of seconds running through in my mind, all the possible implications.

Black Beauty and her box get taken to the bike shop tomorrow so the boys at Jet Cycles can show me how to pack her up properly.  Biggest concern, then, was getting the bike and box wet.  (Yep, I'm still in that "new" paranoia phase!).  I mentally ran through the route to Jet Cycles - maybe 100m in the rain between home and the train station, then undercover, then maybe 200m from Wynyard to the shop.

OK, that won't be too bad.  I'm sure we'll cope, and if we're lucky, we'll catch it in between downpours.....

I shrugged my shoulders for Pete's benefit and thought nothing more of it.

Until about an hour later.

The weather comes on at the end of the news and Pete makes a comment that had me suddenly giggling away like a schoolgirl.  His earlier concern with showing me the weather forecast for tomorrow had nothing to do with poor little Black Beauty getting a few drops of rain on her.  He had brought it to my attention for a far more important reason, which I suddenly realised as he said;

"Our movie might get cancelled tomorrow night..."

Doh! - of course .... we're going to the open air cinema at Bondi for a treat tomorrow night and Pete was worried it might be cancelled as the weather forecast for tomorrow is cyclonic!

Ah well, at least we all know my head is in the right space for next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment